Overlooking the Arce valley, Chacenay castle has been an icon of this aera since the XIth century. It gave its name to the Champagne Chassenay d’Arce. The founding winegrowers set it up in 1956 on the village known as Ville sur Arce in the very South of the Champagne region.
The winegrowers chose to cooperate together. Thus, they put together their know-how and their productions of grapes to build up an identity and a brand that would belong to the Arce valley. They chose for their headquarters a huge mansion of character. Their heritage is made of bricks and local stones and reflects the generous subsoil of the Côte des Bar.